PowerBox Royal SRS4710
Here at PowerBox-Systems we have developed a new High-End product designed to provide supreme functionality and security for the demanding pilot.
Current requirements obliged us to adopt many new ideas during the development period: these include the triple-axis iGyro as well as our new PowerBus technology, which is destined to introduce fundamental changes in the electronic layout of large-scale models as a whole.
In other respects we have retained proven concepts in further developed form. For example, the new Royal SRS is fully programmable using a menu system, controlled with the SensorSwitch and a blue backlit LCD screen; as usual, all battery-specific and flight-relevant data can be displayed on-screen after each flight.
The door sequencer function and the internal iGyro both feature integral set-up assistants which make it possible to complete the essential set-up procedures in very short order.
Over the last two years developments in serial receiver bus systems have brought them to the forefront of current technology, and the new Royal SRS features these inputs.
The Royal SRS features no fewer than four high-performance voltage regulators, allowing the use of both HV servos and conventional 6.0V types. With dual security in mind, each pair of regulators can be set to an output voltage of 5.9V or 7.4V.
The Servo-Match and Fail-Safe functions have also been expanded: the software now provides adjustment facilities for all 24 outputs individually, covering servo centre, travels, fail-safe and hold-mode. Servo reverse is available with a single button-press.
Six different radio control systems - Spektrum, Futaba, JR, Multiplex, Hott and Jeti - can be bound to the Royal SRS, most of them providing telemetry output of battery-, receiver- and GPS data.
The Royal SRS can be updated using the USB adapter, and is therefore equipped to cope with new systems in the pipeline and possible future expansions.
- Integral iGyro: triple-axis gyro system with heading function and set-up assistant
- Six independent gyro outputs for: 2x ailerons, 2x elevators, 2x rudders
- GPS-regulated gyro gain
- Special regulatory algorithm for fixed-wing model aircraft
- Extremely accurate triple-axis MEMS sensor
- Integral Delta and V-tail mixer
- Door sequencer: six freely programmable outputs with set-up assistant
- PowerBus: 2 outputs, 16 + 2 channels, compatible with other servo bus systems
- Servo-Match function: servo centre, end-points and reverse for all 24 servo outputs
- SRS: Serial Receiver System provides the facility to use receivers with serial interface: Futaba S-Bus, Spektrum DSM2 und DSMX, Jeti, Multiplex M-Link, HoTT and JR X-BUS
- Unrestricted channel assignment for all 24 PowerBox outputs
- Graphic LCD screen with 128 x 64 pixels
- Extremely user-friendly menu-based programming using the SensorSwitch
- Up to 18 channels - depending on the radio control system in use
- Signal amplification and interference suppression for all 24 outputs
- Flight recorder, recording of lost frames, fail-safe events and all battery data
- Variable frame rate, range 9ms – 21ms
- Two 16-bit processors for fast, high-resolution signal processing
- 2 x double-regulated output voltages for receivers and servos
- 2 regulated voltage ranges with independent selection facility, 5.9V or 7.4V
- Connection facilities for Futaba, Jeti, Spektrum, HoTT and Multiplex MSB downlink bus systems
- Direct transmission of all battery informations, receiver data and GPS data to the transmitter
- Separate voltage and capacity display for each battery
- Minimum value memory alerts the user to voltage collapses
- Large-area heat-sinks for high regulator performance
- Regulator monitoring, regulator error indicator
- Support for four battery types: LiPo, LiIon, NiMH / NiCd, LiFePo
- Suppression of any servo feedback currents which may occur
- Updateable with PowerBox Systems USB Interface connectors
|Operating voltage||4.0V - 9.0V|
|Power supply||2S LiPo, 2S LiIon, 2S LiFePo, 5S NiCd/NiMH|
|Current drain Power-on state||185mA (with LCD)|
|Current drain Standby||30µA|
|Maximum load current||Peak 4x20A|
|Output voltage||5.9V and/or 7.4V regulated|
|Supported RC systems||Spektrum, Futaba, HoTT, M-Link, Jeti, JR|
|Programmable servo outputs||24|
|Servo signal resolution||0.5µs|
|Signal frame rate||9ms, 12ms, 15ms, 18ms, 21ms|
|Integral gyro system||iGyro|
|Gyro regulation||Heading- and Normalmode|
|Gyro sensor type||MEMS|
|Number of sensor axes||3|
|Integral door sequencer||yes|
|Supported telemetry systems||Futaba, Jeti, Spektrum, HoTT, M-Link|
|Dimensions||136 x 82 x 20 mm|
|Weight Sensor Switch||15g|
|Weight of LCD screen||65g|
|Temperature range||-30°C to +75°C|
- PowerBox Royal SRS
- LCD screen
- 2 three-core patch-leads, 180 mm
- 4 retaining screws
- 4 rubber grommets / brass spacer sleeves, fitted
- Operating instructions in German and English
- Optional: GPS Sensor